Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College
Office of Advancement

Ways to Give

You can make a gift to Skidmore in a variety of ways, including online, over the phone, by mail, or by setting up a planned gift. When you make your gift, you can also choose what your funds will support, whether it's for a particular initiative, current priority, athletics, scholarships, or another designation. If you don't choose a designation, your gift will support the Skidmore Fund and be allocated where the College needs it most. 

Make a gift by credit card, ApplePay, PayPal, Venmo, or GooglePay using our online giving form. The form also allows you to set up a monthly automatic payment plan by checking the 'recurring' box. It’s quick, easy, and secure.  

Make a gift

Give via check made payable to Skidmore College with the intended purpose included in the memo section or accompanying correspondence.  

Checks should be mailed to: 

Skidmore College 
Office of Advancement - North Hall 
815 North Broadway 
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-1632 

Call in your gift using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. You can also specify a monthly payment option ($10 minimum). 

Toll-free: 800-584-0115 

To give by wire transfer, please contact Denise Jenks at 518-580-5605 or email

Gifts of securities held by your bank or brokerage or by you offer tax advantages for donors and are easy to make. You or your brokerage firm may wire gifts of stock directly into one of Skidmore’s brokerage accounts. For more information, contact Denise Jenks at 518-580-5605 or email  

DTC: 0015 (MorganStanley) 
Skidmore College account: 845-106910-405 
Put donor's name in the comment section and send an email to Denise Jenks.

Join Skid4Life, our easy and affordable recurring gift program. Choose to split your gift into automatic installments (monthly or annually).  

Sign Up

Questions? Contact Emina Acee '19 at 518-580-5659 or

You can double or triple your gift if you (or your spouse) work for a company with a matching gift program. Please contact your human resources department for details, or use the directory below to see if your employer offers matches.

If you are 70½ years or older, you can make a gift from your individual retirement account (IRA) to Skidmore without increasing your income. This is known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD and you can give up to a total of $100,000 per year this way. If you are 73 and older, your gift will count towards your Required Minimum Distribution. For married couples, each spouse is permitted to give up to a total of $100,000 per year from their IRA. 

Contact your IRA administrator and ask them to send a check from your IRA payable to Skidmore College at this address: 

Skidmore College  
Office of Advancement - North Hall  
815 North Broadway  
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-1632 

Sample IRA Transfer Letter

Recommending a gift to Skidmore through your donor advised fund (DAF) is easy. You can log on to your DAF portal or contact fund administrator to request they make a grant on your behalf.  
Legal Name: Skidmore College, Federal Tax Identification Number: 14-1338562

You can make a lasting and transformative impact on the College through a variety of planned gifts. These gifts include a gift from your will or living trust, a beneficiary designation, and a gift that pays you income for the rest of your life. If Skidmore is already in your estate plans, there may be a way for you to qualify for a very substantial tax deduction now.   

Questions? Contact the Office of Gift Planning at 518-580-5655. 

Visit gift planning website

The material presented on this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor, financial planner, or attorney about the legal and tax benefits of any gift to Skidmore College. 

Skidmore College Tax ID: #14-1338562